#060: Facebook Ads for Gyms (that actually work)
Why should you be using Facebook ads for your gym?
Facebook ads have some of the greatest potential to bring in the most potential members into your gym.
… and while we’ve had Facebook experts on Gymwright LIVE in the past, it’s important to get up to speed on the latest and greatest as the Facebook algorithm is always changing. What worked last year just won’t now.
We’re thrilled to have Alec Littlejohn, Founder of Untapped Revenue on Gymwright LIVE today to discuss:
- The Facebook algorithm and understanding how to take advantage of the system for your gym
- How to effectively utilize Facebook to reach your customers and get them to come to your gym
- Crafting your plan and the campaigns/objectives you should use
- How to create an irresistible offer and properly advertise it
- How to target your ideal avatar clients
- The importance of the follow-up
Join us every Friday at 10 a.m. PT on The Network where we’ll be airing live. Be sure to stick around for the live Q&A session at the end of the show so we can answer any questions you have.
This show was recorded live in The Network on Friday, Dec 7, 2018.
Here are the Cliff Notes!
- It’s always changing and adapting but the same goals remain
- People see posts of content they like the most. Based on what they interact with the most.
- Time spent on your content, Speed of interaction/engagement, overall engagement/interaction, time it’s posted, shares and comments
- Facebook is now prioritizing person-person connection less than person – page connection
- It’s so powerful because of the tracking, the pixel and how it molds around your target audience. The more you feed it the smarter it gets.
How do you beat out competition?
- Branding / messaging (hooks, offers, differentiating factors, are you proving value before selling?) – know your audience
- Winning the auction! Out bidding your competitors
- Getting facebook to like your content. Make relevant ads that your audience loves and you’ll be rewarded.
1 or 2 effective campaigns for CrossFit owners
→ 42 day challenge / 6 week challenge
→ Paid trials – Like 2 weeks for $49 (or $17)
→ Free offers – 10-day pass, free week month
The offer will affect the quality of the lead. Remember: It needs to be a good hook, but here is the issue, Every location is different and that’s where testing comes into place.
Quality vs Quantity!
Type of campaign objectives
- Lead Ads, Conversion Campaigns
- Post engagement and Video Views
- Messenger Ads for messenger bot strategy.
Couple unique strategies,
- Run messenger bot Ads → using growth tool, keep everyone on facebook. Makes facebook happy! Get organic comments.
- Value based marketing, Put out value / awareness ads → retarget based on video views with your offers!
- Lead magnets to offer weight loss calculator or free nutrition plan, in one of the steps of the funnel give them a free pass to your facility.
Coming up with a PLAN! Who has a marketing plan?
– Need a strategy so you can constantly improve and adapt otherwise money is being wasted.
– Need to do customer research to learn your audience. You need to find their needs and wants and create your strategy around that. Usetheir exact words, not your own.
Couple things that you want to test for your strategy:
2.) Offers / Hooks
4.) Copy -Info on copy (Incentive, Specificity, Call to Action, Popularity, Urgency , Rarity (Emojis!)
5.) Strategies (Start with lead ads, then landing page and messenger bot stuff)
Need to isolate the variable you are testing so that nothing else could affect the campaign. As you progress you are going to learn what is working best. Once you have the winner, move onto the next variable, only need about $100-200 to fully test.
How do you get better leads or higher quality?
Targeting, Copy, Offer, and tracking! (the pixel) * Facebook Pixel (Install on your website!) / Schema Code also. This will help with targeting and finding your ideal clients.
Landing page information / Website
What you MUST include on every page you are sending traffic to from Facebook or else Facebook will penalize you.
-Avoid before and after pictures
-No claims (if you have Facebook screenshots, you need to put a disclaimer saying “This site is not a part of the Facebook website or Facebook Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, Inc.” )